Aerospace Qualified Prepreg Materials
EPOXY PREPREG CO-CURABLE WITH PHENOLICS
- Highly toughened and self-extinguishing resin system
- Improved hot/wet stability
- Controlled resin flow
- Suitable for co-curing with phenolic novolac systems such as PF801
- Excellent adhesion to core materials
- Shop life of 15 days at room temperature, 21ºC (70ºF)
EP 121 prepreg material has been developed for the realisation of extremely lightweight composite structures with high specific mechanical properties, good impact properties and excellent adhesion to honeycomb cores and metallic substrates.
For several applications, the resin system is coloured in “mouse grey” according to AIRBUS DAN 1200 2.5 to save on painting costs. The prepreg is also available in a natural colour.
The resin matrix EP 121 is a 125ºC (257ºF) system, which can be cured at a temperature range between 120ºC and 160ºC (248ºF and 320ºF).
Both monolithic and sandwich structures can be easily manufactured with this prepreg. The curing can be performed by press, vacuum bag and autoclave moulding with a pressure of at least 0.7 bar / 10 psi.
Such composite structures can be exposed easily to temperatures in the range of -55ºC (-67ºF) up to +90ºC (194ºF).
The prepreg material is suitable for:
- Aviation and aerospace industries
- Machine industries
- Marine and automotive applications
- Sporting goods