Aerospace Qualified Prepreg Materials
HI-HO COSMETIC PHENOLIC PREPREG
- Crush-Core prepreg for short curing cycles
- Self-adhesive resin system for sandwich panel application
- Non-halogenated resin
- Excellent FST behaviour
- Very good surface quality
- Amber colour after cure for high varnish and decorative film coverage
- Long shelf and shop life
PH 860 phenolic resin is a halogen-free and self-adhesive modified phenolic system designed for very good surface-quality and excellent heat-release and smoke-density properties.
After cure, the PH 860 resin shows an amber colour appearance for high varnish and decorative film coverage. Both monolithic and sandwich structures can be easily manufactured with this prepreg. The curing can be performed by press, vacuum and autoclave moulding with a pressure of at least 0.7 bar / 10 psi.
PH 860 prepreg is especially suitable for curing of sandwich panels in an isothermal press cycle without heating and cooling stages. This hot-in/hot-out (HI-HO) crush-core process is a fast manufacturing method with curing-cycles less than 10 minutes and is mainly used to produce curved interior sandwich panels such as sidewalls or ceilings.
The prepreg material is suitable for monolithic and sandwich structures:
- Aviation and aerospace industries
- Marine and automotive applications
- Rail industries